Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Walk #22: Discovered the Cornerstone of Calvin Memorial Presbyterian Church

Address: 3105 North 24th Street

Information: Calvin Memorial Presbyterian Church

Lunch: Bento Box #18

Destination Review: This is now the Church of Jesus Christ Whole Truth.

It’s not in the best of shape, but that just provided me with some more urban decay pictures.

In the parking lot, there was a great old school bus and some colorful pallets that I’m sure Christopher McCandless could have found good use for.

The Walk: It was hot, so I wasn’t too ambitious. Around the block, and I was done. But I did get some pictures of some great paintings on the side of a building.

Back at the church, I found the Best Church Cornerstone Ever.

The Lunch: Like I said, it was very hot, so I ate lunch in the car with the A/C turned on.

I loved the tuna puffs, and so I’ve incorporated them into my Comfort Food Bento. They’re especially good dipped in ranch. The cucumbers and pretzels were also good dipped in ranch. And the cantaloupe and raspberries was a good combination, the melon adding sweetness to the raspberries.

Lunch Ingredient Deals:

Cantaloupe: It was 99¢ at Aldi.

Cheese Crackers: Small boxes of Cheez-Its were $1 apiece at CVS. I used a $1 off 2 Cheez-Its printable coupon that I got in an email from Kellogg’s Family Rewards, making them 2 for $1, or 50¢ each.

Cucumber: 50¢ at Fresh Thyme, minus a 25¢ Allrecipes rebate, made it a quarter.

Eggs: A dozen Goldhen Large Eggs was 51¢ at Aldi.

Lemon: 47¢ at Target.

Pretzels: An 8-pack bag of Snyder’s of Hanover Mini Pretzels was $1 at Dollar Tree, or 13¢ per bag.

Raspberries: Driscoll’s Raspberries were $1.50 at Baker’s. I used a 75¢ off printable coupon that I got for doing a survey on the Driscoll’s Consumer Panel. After a 25¢ Checkout 51 rebate, it was 50¢.

Artwork: Embellished Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk #26: I Saw a Really Cool House with a Tower Across the Street from the Charles Storz House

Address: 1901 Wirt Street Information: Charles Storz House Lunch: Bento Box #10 Destination Review: This is another big, old house. ...