Sunday, April 8, 2018

Walk #23: Got Some Interesting Neighborhood Photos Near the Center School

Destination Review: This is an old public school that is now an apartment building. It has a great front door and some cool windows.

The Walk: I went around the block and encountered some interesting fences…

…a great tree swing…

…a brick-paved street…

…and a beautiful fountain in someone’s front yard.

The Lunch: I ate in my car again, because it was hot. Rice and beans were kind of bland. The guacamole made the celery lots better. I couldn’t find star fruit, so I substituted kiwi, which was kind of sour. The cantaloupe was OK. And I substituted fruit cubes for the dried fruit, and they were quite good.

Lunch Ingredient Deals:

Avocados: One of ‘em was 88¢ at Fresh Thyme. I got a $1 Allrecipes rebate for it, plus a $1 Mobisave rebate, making it better than free. The other was 99¢ at Target, minus a 10% off Target Cartwheel offer and the 5% Red Card discount. I got another $1 Allrecipes rebate for it, again making it better than free.

Black Beans: Mrs. Grimes Black Beans were on sale for 77¢ at Fareway. I bought 2 cans for $1.54 and used a $1 off 2 Invisipon coupon, making them 54¢, or 27¢ each.

Cantaloupe: An Athena Melon was on sale for 48¢ lb. at Fareway, $2.98 total.

Celery: On sale for 88¢ at Fareway.

Diced Green Chiles: Ortega Diced Green Chiles are 98¢ at Walmart. I bought 2 for $196 and used a $1 off 2 coupon from ortega.com, making them 96¢, or 48¢ each.

Fruit Cubes: A single pack of Gold Emblem Fruit Cubes was 99¢ at CVS.

Kiwi: On sale for 33¢ at Hy-Vee.

Limes: 25¢ at Aldi

Red Onion: On sale for 39¢ at Fareway. Subtract a 30¢ Allrecipes rebate and it was 9¢.

Sweet Corn: 33¢ an ear at Walmart. Subtract a 25¢ Ibotta rebate and it was 8¢.

Vegetable Broth: A can of Kroger Vegetable Broth was 69¢ at Baker's.

Art Project: Embellished Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk #26: I Saw a Really Cool House with a Tower Across the Street from the Charles Storz House

Address: 1901 Wirt Street Information: Charles Storz House Lunch: Bento Box #10 Destination Review: This is another big, old house. ...