Saturday, June 17, 2017

Walk #7: The Process of Not Falling at the John P. Bay House

Destination Review: This is a beautiful old house with a tower.

I really love old houses with towers, and this one has a nice one.

It was obviously a private residence, so I couldn’t really get too close or go inside. So I shifted my focus to the old church across the street, which also caught my eye, seeing as it was all medieval-looking and all.

The Walk: OK, folks, I stand corrected. Remember the whole Process of Falling at the Aquila Court Building thing? I walked around the block near the Bay House to get my exercise. I had my iPad out, prepared to take pictures along the way. I did NOT fall at any time during this walk. But nevertheless, when I got home I discovered a bunch of pictures of the sidewalk and grass that the iPad must have taken without my consent while I was walking. So maybe that’s what happened at the Aquila Court Building, too. It’s not nearly as exciting that way, though.

I did take some nice pictures of snowdrops on the walk.

The Lunch: I had it sitting on the steps of the old church. Nobody bothered me.

The salad was pretty good for being so simple. Fresh fruit was OK. My chocolate chips melted in the hot car, so I made the trail mix that I had in a previous walk instead, which I like very much.

Lunch Ingredient Deals:

Blueberries: Driscoll’s Blueberries were on sale at Hy-Vee for $1.25. I used a 50¢ off one Driscoll’s Product printable coupon that I got in my email for doing a survey on Driscoll’s Berries. Subtract that, and a 25¢ off any item Ibotta rebate, and the berries were 50¢.

Cashews: A cashew snack mix was $1 at Dollar Tree.

Cherry Tomatoes: Got a package of San Maria Tomatoes at Fresh Thyme for the sale price of 99¢.

Chocolate Chips: I got a package for a buck at Dollar Tree, but they melted in the car, so I used Peanut Butter M & Ms instead, which were on clearance for 50¢ at Baker’s.

Green Bell Pepper: On sale for 89¢ at Fresh Thyme, minus a 20¢ Allrecipes rebate on bell peppers, making it 69¢.

Kiwi: On sale for 20¢ at Fresh Thyme.

Red Onion: 63¢ at Walmat minus a 25¢ Allrecipes rebate, making it 38¢.

Salad Dressing: Ken’s Simply Vinaigrette Dressing was $1.98 at Walmart. I used a 50¢ off one Ken’s Dressing coupon from the 5-7-17 SmartSource insert and got a 75¢ MobiSave rebate, making it 83¢.

Whole Grain Pasta: Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti was $1.38 at Walmart. I bought 3 and got a $1 Ibotta rebate for it, making them 3 for $2.14, or 71¢ each.

Zucchini: 35¢ at Fresh Thyme.

Art Project: Embellished Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk #26: I Saw a Really Cool House with a Tower Across the Street from the Charles Storz House

Address: 1901 Wirt Street Information: Charles Storz House Lunch: Bento Box #10 Destination Review: This is another big, old house. ...