Friday, August 11, 2017

Walk #15: Breckenridge-Gordon House, Complete with Rubber Duck

Address: 3611 Jackson Street

Information: Breckenridge-Gordon House

Lunch: Bento Box #13

Destination Review: This is a mildly pleasant-looking old house. I couldn’t get a good picture of it because there were too many trees in front of it. I did get some pictures of various features of the house and yard.

Like many of the Gold Coast houses, this one had a Gold Coast Historic Brick out front.

It had some nice brick columns holding up the fence.

One of them seemed to imply that this was a good place to get coffee.

The owners are keeping this place up well. The front door is inviting, and the front porch was so nice I was tempted to have my lunch there, but since it was private property, I demurred.

There’s a beautiful fountain in the front yard, complete with rubber duck.

The Walk: I walked around the block. On the way back, I saw a cute little house I just had to take a picture of.

The Lunch: Since I didn’t want to impinge on private property, I didn’t have lunch on the front porch of the house. Next door, there was an apartment building with a handy picnic table in the parking lot, so I impinged on its private property.

The quesadillas were OK; the guacamole made them better. I’m not a big fan of plain strawberries, but these were edible.

Lunch Ingredient Deals:

Avocado: Avocados were on sale at Fresh Thyme for 77¢. I got a $1 Allrecipes rebate on avocados that week plus another $1 rebate from MobiSave on avocados, making this a $1.23 moneymaker.

Lime: Limes are always a quarter at Aldi. Rarely does any other deal beat that price.

Strawberries: Driscoll’s Strawberries were $1.98 at Walmart. I used a 50¢/1 coupon from Driscoll’s email survey club, got a 25¢ Checkout 51 rebate on berries, a 25¢ Ibotta rebate on any item, and a 25¢ Ibotta rebate on strawberries, making them 73¢.

Art Project: Embellished Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk #26: I Saw a Really Cool House with a Tower Across the Street from the Charles Storz House

Address: 1901 Wirt Street Information: Charles Storz House Lunch: Bento Box #10 Destination Review: This is another big, old house. ...