Monday, July 24, 2017

Walk #13: Even the Garage at the Bradford-Pettis House Has a Tower

Address: 400 South 39th Street

Information: Bradford-Pettis House

Lunch: Bento Box #1

Destination Review: This is a big old house in the Gold Coast neighborhood. It has been converted to apartments. It has quite interesting windows and I got a lot of pictures of them.

There was also a door that went to nowhere.

Out back, there was an interesting-looking outbuilding with a tower. If I had a garage, I would want it to have a tower.

There was also a bundle of logs made into a teepee-like arrangement, and a delightful children’s play area. If I was a kid living here, I would have a lot of fun here.

The Walk: I went around the block to get my steps in. It must have been uneventful, because I don't really remember it and didn’t take any pictures along the way.

The Lunch: There was a cute little picnic table in the play area that I wanted to sit on, but it was kid-sized, so I couldn’t.

So I ended up sitting on top of another similar picnic table near the block table, and having my lunch with the blocks.

Did I once say hummus makes everything taste better? Hummus makes everything taste better, except for fruit, perhaps. The sandwich was pretty good and the edamame was OK. Hummus was great with veggies and pretzels. The fruit was sweeter than usual and that made it better than usual. And the chocolate covered cashews were a nice treat. I forgot to get out the hard boiled egg, so I ate it later for a snack.

Lunch Ingredient Deals:

Cucumber: On sale for 89¢ at Baker’s. Subtract a 25¢ Allrecipes rebate and it was 64¢.

Eggs: Eggs were on sale at Hy-Vee for 39¢ a dozen, plus you got a penny per gallon in Fuel Saver Rewards. My gas fill-ups are about 10 gallons, so I multiply the Fuel Saver credit by 10 to figure my deals. So minus 10¢ makes the dozen 29¢, but there was also a 15¢ MobiSave rebate on eggs, which ultimately made them 14¢.

Pretzels: A big bag of Kroger Pretzels was on sale at Baker's for $1.

Art Project: Embellished Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk #26: I Saw a Really Cool House with a Tower Across the Street from the Charles Storz House

Address: 1901 Wirt Street Information: Charles Storz House Lunch: Bento Box #10 Destination Review: This is another big, old house. ...